Regional Skin & Laser is committed to offering the most advanced and effective skin rejuvenation treatments available, one of which is SkinPen®—a new-generation microneedling device designed to improve the appearance of scars, wrinkles, stretch marks, lax skin, uneven skin tone, large pores and thin skin.
- What Makes the SkinPen® Effective?
- Why Choose the SkinPen®?
- Can SkinPen® Be Used on Other Body Parts Aside from the Face?
- Is SkinPen® Safe?
- After a SkinPen® Treatment
What Makes the SkinPen® Effective?
The SkinPen® relies on the body’s natural repair mechanism to correct skin issues. With the help of the SkinPen®, the natural process of skin repair is triggered through directed micro-injuries, resulting in the regeneration of collagen protein in the skin tissues. When skin is damaged, growth factors and cytokines are released to direct a site-specific repair mechanism.
There are many processes that occur at the physiological level in response to skin damage. The SkinPen®’s mechanism of action relies on these processes. There are three distinctive steps involved in the body’s natural repair of skin damage:
- Inflammation: The body’s first response to any damage is inflammation. On a cellular level, inflammation works as a signal to trigger the body’s repair system. During this step, blood is rushed into the damaged site, temperature rises, and an effort is made to flush out debris.
- Proliferation: Once any debris is removed, this uncovers a fresh foundation for the growth of new replacement cells and tissues. In skin, there are two primary foundation materials: collagen and elastin. These proteins are the predominant elements of extracellular matrix.
- Remodeling: After proliferation, a new type of collagen (type III) forms a tighter network, bringing the overlying skin closer. A contraction of the subdermal skin layers creates the look of tighter and more youthful-looking skin.
Why Choose the SkinPen®?
The SkinPen® is the most effective microneedling solution for all skin types and tones. The SkinPen® effectively erases signs of skin aging by restoring weak collagen. The microscopic piercings delivered through the SkinPen ensure there is enough damage to trigger a healing response, but without permanent damage to the skin.
Barrier disruption between the skin cells is only temporary, so there is no loss in skin function. It also avoids a hyperpigmentation response.
Can SkinPen® Be Used on Other Body Parts Aside from the Face?
Treatment with the SkinPen® is not limited to the face – it is effective when used on other parts of the body as well. Patients who wish to remove stretch marks from their hands, legs, and abdomen can undergo this treatment. Adjusting the penetration depth makes the SkinPen® suitable for regions with thicker skin. This ability to adjust the needling depth also makes the SkinPen® more versatile than traditional skin rollers.
Is SkinPen® Safe?
The SkinPen® is safe for all skin types and all ages. The SkinPen® is a product trusted by medical professionals and patients. This reliable system has a piercing efficiency of 1,600 pricks per second, which makes it quite effective. Speed this high is achieved through 14 stainless-steel medical-grade needles.
The SkinPen® eliminates the possibility of cross-contamination by designing a model with single-use cartridges. Also, there is a Bio-sheath made specifically for the SkinPen, which acts as a sink to collect fluids released in the process of creating micro-injuries.
After a SkinPen® Treatment
Since the SkinPen procedure is minimally invasive, there is no associated downtime. Slight redness and swelling may be noticed soon after the procedure. Skin returns to normal within 72 hours.
Set Up Your Consultation
Are you interested in a SkinPen® consultation? If so, contact Regional Skin and Laser Center for your appointment with an experienced medical professional.